WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
- Rare US 1943 copper coin fetches a pretty penny at auction“What makes this so exciting is that it’s the only time ever in history when the discovery coin for this piece has been available for sale. In other words, this was the first one that was […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri22Nov20197:00 pmBelmont Uniting Church Hall, 26 Thomson Street, Belmont 3216 VIC Australia
Sat23Nov2019Sun24Nov2019Kernot Hall, Princess Drive, Morwell, VIC
This weekend event is now in its 24th year and has grown into a major event in Gippsland with a huge range of antiques and collectables on display and for sale. There will be something for everyone including historical displays, collections to view and plenty of bargains to be purchased, with over 50 local and interstate dealers in attendance. Free antique appraisals will be available on both days, so if you have something old and interesting bring it a long for Ross Roycroft to appraise for you. This Fair is a great opportunity for collectors to get together and socialize over the whole weekend or just drop in for an hour or so to look at items of interest. Full catering will be available. The Fair is organised by the Gippsland Antique Bottles and Collectables Club Inc.
The Fair is open on Saturday 23rd November from 9:30 am until 5:00 pm and Sunday 24th November 9:30 am until 2:00 pm at Kernot Hall, Princess Drive, Morwell.
Enquiries to Wayne on 03 51748050
Items for sale include:
• English china
• Vintage Radios
• Antique Bottles
• Records & music memorabilia
• Gemstones & fossils
• Australian Pottery,
• Carnival Glass
• Old Tools
• Vintage Jewellery
• Small Antique Furniture
• and many more Antiques, Collectable's & Old Wares.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.