WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- 2018 NAV AwardsTraditionally our December meeting is where we present our awards and last year was no exception. A couple of awards were also presented earlier in the year to junior members of the Geelong […]
- New Medallion Commemorates Centenary of Last Australian VC of World War I[…]
- Morwell Numismatic Society October Newsletter[…]
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
- New Sponsor & Discount OfferVictorian based coin dealer COMMCOINAGE is offering members of the NAV and the Melbourne, Geelong and Morwell Numismatic Societies a 5% Discount on all new, non-licenced* Royal Australian Mint and […]
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.