WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
- 2018 Melbourne Money ExpoOn the weekend of the 18th & 19th of August people from all over Victoria (and beyond) descended on the Melbourne Park Function Centre to add to their collections. Collectors of all ages were in […]
- New Book: Coins Minted by the Knights in MaltaMelbourne based author John Gatt has produced a magnificent new publication on the coins of the Knights of Malta. The book is a project of passion that has taken John twelve years spent researching […]
- New Book Reveals the Stories Behind Australia’s Highest Military DecorationBerwick based author Michael C. Madden has produced a remarkable book that collects the personal stories of 100 of Australia’s most remarkable soldiers, all recipients of the Victoria Cross […]
- Proposed Rules for Incorporation of the NAVSelect the Rule Book to access the proposed rules that would be adopted upon Incorporation of the Numismatic Association of Victoria. […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri21Sep2018West Plaza Hotel, 110 Wakefield Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Fri21Sep20187:30 pmQuarry Hill Community Hall, 53 Hamlet St. Quarry Hill, VIC
Fri21Sep20187:45 pm420-424 William St., West Melbourne
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.