WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
- Rare US 1943 copper coin fetches a pretty penny at auction“What makes this so exciting is that it’s the only time ever in history when the discovery coin for this piece has been available for sale. In other words, this was the first one that was […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri23Aug2019Sun25Aug2019Chiltern War Memorial Hall & Library, 90 Conness Street, Chiltern, Victoria, 3683
Dealers from as far away as South Australia, Melbourne, Wagga Wagga and Tumut will showcase antiques from fine china to jewellery and everything in between at the Chiltern Antique Fair.
One of the largest antique shows in regional Australia, this an event not to be missed by the serious collector of fine antiques.
Contact: 03 5726 1337
Fri23Aug20197:00 pmBelmont Uniting Church Hall, 26 Thomson Street, Belmont 3216 VIC Australia
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.