WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- RAM Announces New Coin SwapThe Royal Australian Mint have announced a new round of their popular Coin Swaps. They will be in Melbourne on Friday 21st February at Fed Square. They will be swapping cash for the new Centenary of […]
- 30th Edition of Renniks available for Pre-OrderThe 30th Edition of Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values is available to pre-order from their website. This comprehensive guide to Australian Coin & Banknote Values contains over 3,850 […]
- Gillian DavisIt’s with much sadness we report the recent passing of Gillian Davis, former president of the NAV. Gillian joined the NAV in 1977. Gillian and her late husband, John Farringdon-Davis, made […]
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri21Feb202008:00 - 14:00Federation Square – Swanston Street Forecourt
Fri21Feb20207:45 pmLevel 1, 420-424 William St., West Melbourne
In addition to the AGM we'll also be holding first of our first Tender Sales for the year. Over the last couple of years we've be selling off books from our library (see story here) and this sale sees the some of the final lots being made available.
Sat22Feb2020Yass Soldiers Club, 86 Meehan Street, Yass, NSW 2582
New Yass Auction Rooms to Host Auction 223
Exciting news for Edlins customers is that Edlins Auctions will now be run from our Yass shop/office premises from 2020. The reasons are many and varied. Although the lack of parking and difficulty accessing the Canberra Auction rooms has been the deciding factor. The Canberra store will still be open for normal trading. Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturdays from 9.00 to 1.00pm. Vendors may still also submit their Auction lots through the Canberra store if that is their preference. We would encourage clients with large holdings to attend our Yass store as the logistics of parking and unloading are much easier with free two hour parking literally 3 metres from the door of the Yass store.
The online version of the Auction catalogue will be posted to the internet by the 1st February 2020. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.