WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- New Medallion Commemorates Centenary of Last Australian VC of World War I[…]
- Morwell Numismatic Society October Newsletter[…]
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
- New Sponsor & Discount OfferVictorian based coin dealer COMMCOINAGE is offering members of the NAV and the Melbourne, Geelong and Morwell Numismatic Societies a 5% Discount on all new, non-licenced* Royal Australian Mint and […]
- 2018 Melbourne Money ExpoOn the weekend of the 18th & 19th of August people from all over Victoria (and beyond) descended on the Melbourne Park Function Centre to add to their collections. Collectors of all ages were in […]
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.