WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
- Rare US 1943 copper coin fetches a pretty penny at auction“What makes this so exciting is that it’s the only time ever in history when the discovery coin for this piece has been available for sale. In other words, this was the first one that was […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri12Jul2019Sun14Jul2019Wilson Hall, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC
The 47th ANZAAB Australian Antiquarian Book Fair
The Melbourne Rare Book Fair is again being held at Wilson Hall, The University of Melbourne. Australian and international booksellers will have a broad, diverse and interesting selection of books, maps, manuscripts and ephemera, including early printed books, historical accounts of travel, prints, literature, art, militaria, and children's books, offered for sale at prices to suit all levels of collecting.
Whether you already have your own personal library and wish to add to it or would like to know more about book collecting, this is your opportunity to explore the world of books with experts in their fields.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.