WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Victorian Numismatic Newsletter #2Issue 2 of our occasional newsletter is available to download here. […]
- Dr. John M. ChapmanIt’s with much sadness that we report the passing of Dr. John M. Chapman FRNS, one of the foremost collectors of Australiana of the 20th Century. Dr. Chapman, a former dental specialist, was a […]
- Queen’s Birthday PortraitsHonorary Numismatist at the Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA), Peter Lane, has timed the release of his new article entitled “Portrait Gallery of Australian Monarchs” perfectly […]
- Victorian Numismatic Newsletter Released[…]
- NAV Trials Video MeetingsTom & Jerry PNC Maltese 2 Tari British Countermarked Half Penny RBA Logo The design of the Reserve Banks of Australia (RBA) logo marked its 60th anniversary. The logo was designed by Gordon […]
- The Library is OpenAs many of us are spending much more time at home you’ll probably need some new reading material before too long. To help while away those isolation hours the NAV has opened access to all […]
Next Numismatic Event
Thu09Jul20208:00 pmBox Hill Arts & Community Centre, 470 Station Street, Box Hill, VIC
Fri17Jul20207:45 pmLevel 1, 420-424 William St., West Melbourne
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.