WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- NAV AGM and Bumper Book SaleThe NAV is kicking off 2019 with its AGM on Friday 15th February at the Celtic Club offices, 420-424 William St., West Melbourne. In addition to election of office bearers, and setting the direction […]
- 2018 NAV AwardsTraditionally our December meeting is where we present our awards and last year was no exception. A couple of awards were also presented earlier in the year to junior members of the Geelong […]
- New Medallion Commemorates Centenary of Last Australian VC of World War I[…]
- Morwell Numismatic Society October Newsletter[…]
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat16Feb2019Sun17Feb2019Bill Woodfull Recreation Reserve, Francis Street, Maldon, VIC
The 11th Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair
The Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair has become a must attend event for both buyers and sellers with the Maldon football ground full of rare and valuable treasures. With one and a half kilometres of stalls it is a huge fair, and the reasonable entry price of just $5 (kids free) makes the Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair great value for money. The level grassed venue also makes it a pleasure to walk around.
The Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair is held on the 3rd weekend of February every year, and is one of Victoria’s fastest growing fairs.
The facilities in the heart of historic, picturesque Maldon will charm you into wandering its streets; full of shops, cafes and pubs.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.