WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
- Rare US 1943 copper coin fetches a pretty penny at auction“What makes this so exciting is that it’s the only time ever in history when the discovery coin for this piece has been available for sale. In other words, this was the first one that was […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat16Feb2019Sun17Feb2019Bill Woodfull Recreation Reserve, Francis Street, Maldon, VIC
The 11th Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair
The Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair has become a must attend event for both buyers and sellers with the Maldon football ground full of rare and valuable treasures. With one and a half kilometres of stalls it is a huge fair, and the reasonable entry price of just $5 (kids free) makes the Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair great value for money. The level grassed venue also makes it a pleasure to walk around.
The Maldon Antique & Collectables Fair is held on the 3rd weekend of February every year, and is one of Victoria’s fastest growing fairs.
The facilities in the heart of historic, picturesque Maldon will charm you into wandering its streets; full of shops, cafes and pubs.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.