WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Gillian DavisIt’s with much sadness we report the recent passing of Gillian Davis, former president of the NAV. Gillian joined the NAV in 1977. Gillian and her late husband, John Farringdon-Davis, made […]
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
Next Numismatic Event
Thu12Sep20198:00 pmBox Hill Arts & Community Centre, 470 Station Street, Box Hill, VIC
Melbourne Numismatic Society Meeting
Check the Melbourne Numismatic Society Website for details. As always there will also be time for members to show and discuss any recent acquisitions. Coffee, a biscuit and chat to follow as usual.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.