WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- New Book on Numismatic Author Dr. Arthur Andrews[…]
- The Mystery of the Melbourne & Hobsons Bay Railway MedallionListed in Carlisle as M/6 the Melbourne & Hobsons Bay Railway commemorative medallion is an interesting and somewhat familiar piece. Interesting in that many sources, including Carlisle and […]
- The End of an EraAs I opened my latest Status International auction catalogue I was dismayed to learn that after over 40 years I.S.Wright are literally closing shop in Melbourne. The shop at 241 Lonsdale Street […]
- Castlemaine’s New Currency is Down to EarthThe Victorian town of Castlemaine has launched its own currency to support local businesses. The Silver Wattle coins are made from local clay and are designed by local artists to reflect the […]
- Western Money Fair Set to Return in 2022The successful Western Money fair is set to return in May of this year. The event will alternate between the Werribee Masonic Hall (just down the road from the previous venue) and the Geelong […]
- Rare Victorian Cross on Display at Melbourne MuseumAfter the success of the pop up display of the 1887 5 pound coin at Melbourne Museum last month, the museum has again responded with a short term display of 3 military medals for Anzac Day, including […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri19Jul2019Sun21Jul2019Williamstown Town Hall, 104 Ferguson Street, Williamstown VIC 3016
27th Williamstown Antiques and Collectables Fair
The 27th Annual Antiques & Collectables Fair at the Historic WILLIAMSTOWN TOWN HALL, 104 Ferguson Street, Williamstown in July from Friday 19th from 5.00pm – 8.00pm, Saturday 20th 10.00am - 5.00pm and Sunday 21st 10.00am – 4.00pm.
There will be approx 30 local and interstate Dealers in attendance presenting a wide range of Antiques and Collectables priced to sell, including Jewellery, Crockery, Furniture, Toys, Porcelain, Bric a Brac and much more. This year there will also be a nice range of Vintage Clothing and Couture together with a range of fine furniture presented by one of the countries leading dealers.
Many dealers will also buy items of interest, so if you are looking to sell, bring it along, or if it is too big a photo can be useful.
Admission $10, children free
All funds raised will be used to support our community based programs over the ensuing 12 months.
Enquiries Trevor Jago 040 848 6432 or email@example.com
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held on-line via Zoom and in person (Covid restrictions permitting) at Kensington Town Hall, 30-34 Bellair St., Kensington, just a short walk from Newmarket Station on the Craigieburn line and the No. 57 Tram. Meetings start at 7:45PM and typically run for a couple of hours.