WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Victorian Numismatic Newsletter Released[…]
- NAV Trials Video MeetingsTom & Jerry PNC Maltese 2 Tari British Countermarked Half Penny RBA Logo The design of the Reserve Banks of Australia (RBA) logo marked its 60th anniversary. The logo was designed by Gordon […]
- The Library is OpenAs many of us are spending much more time at home you’ll probably need some new reading material before too long. To help while away those isolation hours the NAV has opened access to all […]
- NAV Meetings On-HoldAs we are all aware of the recent developments with regards to the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, the Committee of the Numismatic Association of Victoria has considered the situation and is in […]
- RAM Announces New Coin SwapThe Royal Australian Mint have announced a new round of their popular Coin Swaps. They will be in Melbourne on Friday 21st February at Fed Square. They will be swapping cash for the new Centenary of […]
- 30th Edition of Renniks available for Pre-OrderThe 30th Edition of Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values is available to pre-order from their website. This comprehensive guide to Australian Coin & Banknote Values contains over 3,850 […]
Next Numismatic Event
Thu14Nov20198:00 pmBox Hill Arts & Community Centre, 470 Station Street, Box Hill, VIC
Melbourne Numismatic Society Meeting
Check the Melbourne Numismatic Society Website for details. As always there will also be time for members to show and discuss any recent acquisitions. Coffee, a biscuit and chat to follow as usual.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.