WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
- New Book – Chasing the Dragon: The Vergulde Draeck Story[…]
- Queen Hands Out Maundy Money at St. George’s Chapel[…]
- Rare US 1943 copper coin fetches a pretty penny at auction“What makes this so exciting is that it’s the only time ever in history when the discovery coin for this piece has been available for sale. In other words, this was the first one that was […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat12Oct2019Sun13Oct201910:00 amBenalla Indoor Recreational Stadium (Basketball Stadium, Ackerly Avenue, Benalla VIC 3672
Benalla Lions Club Antique and Collectable Fair
Come and browse a large variety of beautiful antiques and collectables for sale including quality glass, china, ceramics, jewellery, furniture, toys and linen and much more.
Light refreshments available from the canteen on both days. A Lucky Door Prize will be drawn on Sunday.
$7 per person, free entry for children under 12 accompanied by an adult.
For further details contact Margaret at email@example.com
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.