WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- NAV AGM and Bumper Book SaleThe NAV is kicking off 2019 with its AGM on Friday 15th February at the Celtic Club offices, 420-424 William St., West Melbourne. In addition to election of office bearers, and setting the direction […]
- 2018 NAV AwardsTraditionally our December meeting is where we present our awards and last year was no exception. A couple of awards were also presented earlier in the year to junior members of the Geelong […]
- New Medallion Commemorates Centenary of Last Australian VC of World War I[…]
- Morwell Numismatic Society October Newsletter[…]
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
Next Numismatic Event
Thu14Mar20198:00 pmBox Hill Arts & Community Centre, 470 Station Street, Box Hill, VIC
Melbourne Numismatic Society Meeting
Check the Melbourne Numismatic Society Website for details. As always there will also be time for members to show and discuss any recent acquisitions. Coffee, a biscuit and chat to follow as usual.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.