WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Morwell Numismatic Society October Newsletter[…]
- Numismatic Literature Sale[…]
- NAA Stokes & Sons ProjectThe Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA) have started posting details of the dies used by Melbourne based manufacturer Stokes & Sons in the production of value-added tokens. These […]
- New Sponsor & Discount OfferVictorian based coin dealer COMMCOINAGE is offering members of the NAV and the Melbourne, Geelong and Morwell Numismatic Societies a 5% Discount on all new, non-licenced* Royal Australian Mint and […]
- 2018 Melbourne Money ExpoOn the weekend of the 18th & 19th of August people from all over Victoria (and beyond) descended on the Melbourne Park Function Centre to add to their collections. Collectors of all ages were in […]
- New Book: Coins Minted by the Knights in MaltaMelbourne based author John Gatt has produced a magnificent new publication on the coins of the Knights of Malta. The book is a project of passion that has taken John twelve years spent researching […]
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.