WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Melbourne Gains a New Coin FairSome of the people behind the successful Northern Suburbs Coin Fair, currently held at the Moonee Ponds Bowling Club, are branching out and have set up a new fair out East in Ringwood. The inaugural […]
- December 2020 MeetingOn Friday 11th December eased Covid-19 restrictions in Melbourne meant that NAV members, and their partners, were able to gather in person for the first time since February. In all eighteen people […]
- October/November Issue of VNN Available OnlineThe fifth issue of the Victorian Numismatic Newsletter is now available by selecting the cover image. In this issue we cover Egyptian Banknotes of World War II as well as all the usual local and […]
- October 2020 Meeting ReportThe October 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 16th as a Zoom meeting due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. 21 attendees shared their latest acquisitions and […]
- September 2020 Meeting ReportThe September 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 18th as a Zoom meeting due to Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. Nineteen attendees shared their latest acquisitions […]
- New Edition of Leon Morell’s NZ Medallion Catalogue available through RNSNZPart 1 of the 3rd edition of Leon Morel’s catalogue of NZ commemorative medals 1865-1940 is now available from the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand’s website. This section covers […]
Next Numismatic Event
Fri15Jun20187:30 pmQuarry Hill Community Hall, 53 Hamlet St. Quarry Hill, VIC
Bendigo Coin & Collectables Club Meeting
Members meet at the Quarry Hill Community Hall, 53 Hamlet St. Quarry Hill each Friday Fortnight starting at 7.30 pm.
Meetings include Club Agenda, Reporting on Events and What's New, Show and Tell, which provides excellent information on a wide range of items, Lucky Door Prizes draw followed by Supper.
After Supper an Auction of Collectable Items from Members and Non-Members takes place. This Auction usually has 30 to 60 lots each meeting. There is also a Trading Table for Members who have items for sale. Occasionally a Guest Speaker is invited to give a talk to Members relating to the Collecting and history of Numismatics and other types of Collectables. There is always help and information available from other Club Members and from the Library.
Come and enjoy a friendly relaxed evening.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.