WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Melbourne Gains a New Coin FairSome of the people behind the successful Northern Suburbs Coin Fair, currently held at the Moonee Ponds Bowling Club, are branching out and have set up a new fair out East in Ringwood. The inaugural […]
- December 2020 MeetingOn Friday 11th December eased Covid-19 restrictions in Melbourne meant that NAV members, and their partners, were able to gather in person for the first time since February. In all eighteen people […]
- October/November Issue of VNN Available OnlineThe fifth issue of the Victorian Numismatic Newsletter is now available by selecting the cover image. In this issue we cover Egyptian Banknotes of World War II as well as all the usual local and […]
- October 2020 Meeting ReportThe October 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 16th as a Zoom meeting due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. 21 attendees shared their latest acquisitions and […]
- September 2020 Meeting ReportThe September 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 18th as a Zoom meeting due to Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. Nineteen attendees shared their latest acquisitions […]
- New Edition of Leon Morell’s NZ Medallion Catalogue available through RNSNZPart 1 of the 3rd edition of Leon Morel’s catalogue of NZ commemorative medals 1865-1940 is now available from the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand’s website. This section covers […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat22Feb2020Yass Soldiers Club, 86 Meehan Street, Yass, NSW 2582
Edlins Auction 223
New Yass Auction Rooms to Host Auction 223
Exciting news for Edlins customers is that Edlins Auctions will now be run from our Yass shop/office premises from 2020. The reasons are many and varied. Although the lack of parking and difficulty accessing the Canberra Auction rooms has been the deciding factor. The Canberra store will still be open for normal trading. Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturdays from 9.00 to 1.00pm. Vendors may still also submit their Auction lots through the Canberra store if that is their preference. We would encourage clients with large holdings to attend our Yass store as the logistics of parking and unloading are much easier with free two hour parking literally 3 metres from the door of the Yass store.
The online version of the Auction catalogue will be posted to the internet by the 1st February 2020. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.