WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- The Library is OpenAs many of us are spending much more time at home you’ll probably need some new reading material before too long. To help while away those isolation hours the NAV has opened access to all […]
- NAV Meetings On-HoldAs we are all aware of the recent developments with regards to the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, the Committee of the Numismatic Association of Victoria has considered the situation and is in […]
- RAM Announces New Coin SwapThe Royal Australian Mint have announced a new round of their popular Coin Swaps. They will be in Melbourne on Friday 21st February at Fed Square. They will be swapping cash for the new Centenary of […]
- 30th Edition of Renniks available for Pre-OrderThe 30th Edition of Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values is available to pre-order from their website. This comprehensive guide to Australian Coin & Banknote Values contains over 3,850 […]
- Gillian DavisIt’s with much sadness we report the recent passing of Gillian Davis, former president of the NAV. Gillian joined the NAV in 1977. Gillian and her late husband, John Farringdon-Davis, made […]
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
Next Numismatic Event
Tue31Mar2020Fri03Apr2020Premier's Room, Hotel InterContinental
Noble Numismatics Sale 123
Update from Noble Numismatics: 11:32am AEDT, Tuesday 25 March
These are unprecedented times and it is crucial that we all act with the best interests to protect the health of our families, colleagues and communities.
Therefore, in accordance with Federal Government guidelines on gatherings, we advise that our auction is now online only.
We continue to closely monitor the rapidly evolving situation and will advise all clients should any further changes be necessary.
As a precautionary note, we anticipate that the volume of online bids will lengthen session duration.
Our opinion of the market remains very positive and this is supported by strong results in recent overseas auctions, including record prices at a major auction last week.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time and look forward to your participation at the auction. Finally, we wish to express our support to all our colleagues and families in the wider numismatic community who have been affected by this crisis.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.