WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- RAM Announces New Coin SwapThe Royal Australian Mint have announced a new round of their popular Coin Swaps. They will be in Melbourne on Friday 21st February at Fed Square. They will be swapping cash for the new Centenary of […]
- 30th Edition of Renniks available for Pre-OrderThe 30th Edition of Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values is available to pre-order from their website. This comprehensive guide to Australian Coin & Banknote Values contains over 3,850 […]
- Gillian DavisIt’s with much sadness we report the recent passing of Gillian Davis, former president of the NAV. Gillian joined the NAV in 1977. Gillian and her late husband, John Farringdon-Davis, made […]
- ANDA & the NAV: 20 Years of Service to Victorian Numismatics[…]
- New Book: Renniks Australian Coin & Banknote Values 29th Edition[…]
- New Melbourne Based Dealer – Shaw’s Collectable Coins and Notes[…]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat15Feb202009:00 - 14:00The Salvation Army Wyndham City Corps - Werribee, 211 Watton St., Werribee, VIC
Western Money Fair
The Geelong Numismatic Society now have a monthly Coin Fair in the Western Suburbs. Entry is by Gold Coin donation. More details at westernmoneyfair.com.au
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.