WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- October 2020 Meeting ReportThe October 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 16th as a Zoom meeting due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. 21 attendees shared their latest acquisitions and […]
- September 2020 Meeting ReportThe September 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 18th as a Zoom meeting due to Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. Nineteen attendees shared their latest acquisitions […]
- New Edition of Leon Morell’s NZ Medallion Catalogue available through RNSNZPart 1 of the 3rd edition of Leon Morel’s catalogue of NZ commemorative medals 1865-1940 is now available from the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand’s website. This section covers […]
- September Issue of VNN Available OnlineThe latest issue of the Victorian Numismatic Newsletter is available for download. Just click on the cover above to access the PDF version. In this issue we go back to the 80’s to look at Hardy […]
- August 2020 Meeting ReportThe August meeting of the NAV was held on 21st as a Zoom meeting due to Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. This didn’t stop sixteen attendees sharing their latest acquisitions and the […]
- Melbourne Numismatic Society issues “Hibernation” NewsletterThe Melbourne Numismatic Society has issued its first newsletter in some considerable time. As the Society has been unable to meet since the COVID-19 restrictions imposed in Victoria in March, this […]
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.