WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Rare Victorian Cross on Display at Melbourne MuseumAfter the success of the pop up display of the 1887 5 pound coin at Melbourne Museum last month, the museum has again responded with a short term display of 3 military medals for Anzac Day, including […]
- Melbourne Museum Displays Rare System Mint 1887 £5 ProofTo mark the recent sale in the US of one of only three known specimens of a Sydney Mint Proof £5, the Melbourne Museum have put their example on display. The coin sold by Heritage Auctions for […]
- Stamp & Coin Dealer opens retail store in Melbourne’s Eastern SuburbsMelbourne based 21st Century Auctions have opened a new retail and trade counter selling coins, stamps, postcards, catalogues, albums and accessories. They’re based at Suite 1, 1174 Burwood […]
- IAG to sell Klaus Ford estate in 2021Those of you that have attended ANDA fairs over the years will be familiar with these distinctive holders. Queensland based IAG have recently announced that they are offering the estate of Melbourne […]
- Melbourne Gains a New Coin FairSome of the people behind the successful Northern Suburbs Coin Fair, currently held at the Moonee Ponds Bowling Club, are branching out and have set up a new fair out East in Ringwood. The inaugural […]
- December 2020 MeetingOn Friday 11th December eased Covid-19 restrictions in Melbourne meant that NAV members, and their partners, were able to gather in person for the first time since February. In all eighteen people […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sat09Oct2021Sun10Oct202110:00 am Benalla Indoor Recreation Reserve, Ackerly Ave, Benalla, VIC
Lions Club of Benalla's Antique & Colletables Fair
The Lions club of Benalla are holding their annual Antique and Collectables Fair in the Benalla Indoor Recreation Stadium, 225 Ackerly Ave, Benalla on the weekend of Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th October 2021.
The venue has excellent access for the exhibitors and plenty of parking areas for exhibitors and the general public.
Come and browse a large variety of beautiful antiques and collectables for sale including quality glass, china, ceramics, jewellery, furniture, toys and linen and much more.
Light refreshments available from the canteen on both days. A Lucky Door Prize will be drawn on Sunday.
Due to the Winton Raceway being so close to Benalla, those dealers interested should consider booking accommodation early.
In past years there has been about 600/800 members of the public attend this event.
Please contact the convenors Lions Margaret and Peter Poels on either email@example.com or 0417 139 828, for further information.
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held on-line via Zoom and in person (Covid restrictions permitting) at Kensington Town Hall, 30-34 Bellair St., Kensington, just a short walk from Newmarket Station on the Craigieburn line and the No. 57 Tram. Meetings start at 7:45PM and typically run for a couple of hours.