WHAT IS NUMISMATICS?
Numismatics is the study and collecting of:
Coins - ancient, medieval, modern, proofs
Paper money / bank notes
Medals / Medallions / Medalets - often commemorative
Tokens - privately issued (ie unofficial) substitutes for money
Various related areas
- Melbourne Gains a New Coin FairSome of the people behind the successful Northern Suburbs Coin Fair, currently held at the Moonee Ponds Bowling Club, are branching out and have set up a new fair out East in Ringwood. The inaugural […]
- December 2020 MeetingOn Friday 11th December eased Covid-19 restrictions in Melbourne meant that NAV members, and their partners, were able to gather in person for the first time since February. In all eighteen people […]
- October/November Issue of VNN Available OnlineThe fifth issue of the Victorian Numismatic Newsletter is now available by selecting the cover image. In this issue we cover Egyptian Banknotes of World War II as well as all the usual local and […]
- October 2020 Meeting ReportThe October 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 16th as a Zoom meeting due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. 21 attendees shared their latest acquisitions and […]
- September 2020 Meeting ReportThe September 2020 meeting of the NAV was held on the evening of Friday 18th as a Zoom meeting due to Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne. Nineteen attendees shared their latest acquisitions […]
- New Edition of Leon Morell’s NZ Medallion Catalogue available through RNSNZPart 1 of the 3rd edition of Leon Morel’s catalogue of NZ commemorative medals 1865-1940 is now available from the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand’s website. This section covers […]
Next Numismatic Event
Sun08Oct20171:00 amBallarat Specialist School, 800 Norman Street, Invermay Park, Ballarat
Eureka Stamps & Coin Fair
Regular special features for sale to collectors PRIOR to the fair:
- Cover … Series 15 of the ‘Ballarat Historical Scenes’ covers … Miner’s Hut , near Ballarat) (see image below)
- Mini sheet … Henry Lawson … Overprinted with: Eureka Stamps and Coins Fair ~ Sunday October 8, 2017 (see image below)
Both strictly limited to 100These will sell so please be QUICK!
- Orders processed in order of receipt with payment
- Covers $3 … Mini sheets $15
- Allow $2 for postage or $4.50 registered.
- Overseas clients please allow 15% for PayPal.
- Cheques payable to Ballarat Philatelic Society
- Mail: Ballarat Philatelic Society ~ P.O. BOX 337 ~ Wendouree VIC 3355
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0435 601 673 (please leave a message)
Other special features of our fair:
- more than 35 dealer and club tables
- giveaways for children
- free valuations
Come to our Monthly Meetings
We meet every month of the year except January. From February to November we meet on the third Friday of the month and in December on the second Friday of the month.
Meetings are held at Level 1, 420-424 William Street, West Melbourne, just a short walk from Flagstaff Station, and start at 7:45PM.